Luckily, Along with my troop got a chance to be present at Future Unleashed India 2015. Would like to share my experience with them who can’t make it happen or who would like to have a quick recap of it!
It was held at Nesco convention center at Mumbai on 5th and 6th November 2015. On 5th there was a business track (Where Mr. Nadella and lot of big names of Indian IT Industry attended and presented) and on 6th there was a technical track.
Full agenda can is here : http://futureunleashed.microsoft.com/default.aspx
I’ve been able to be part of Technical Day and keen to share that experience with all of you!
But before that will share my registration experience. It was just awesome, Microsoft team kept calling and we were in sync with all latest and greatest details. And on the event day as well. Whole process was super simplified — And would like to say thanks for all the teams for being so helpful and co-operative!
My notes from Technical tracks which I’ve been able to attend:
Keynote by Scott G.
Before keynote started the musical performance was awesome, and it recharged the whole environment!
It was great to see Scott in person. He shared few important updates:
- Now, Azure is in 24 Regions around the world!
- Azure is unique platform which support On premise setup as well as Cloud setup
- Azure it opening 2/3 Data Centers in India
- Quick demo of creating new VM and publishing stuff from Visual studio
- Quick demo or Power BI as well
- He also called few partners to share their learnings with audience. It was great to hear their experience!
Building Modern Web App with ASP.NET 5 and VS 2015
- Great session by Mr. Chetan Vaja
- He demonstrated capabilities of ASP.NET 5
- Few big changes
- You can host your ASP.NET Website without IIS — On Console — Self hosted
- Can be hosted on Linux and Mac as well — He demoed it!
- Has Built in DI
- Everything is modular
- For web forms you have to use 4.6
- It uses Roslyn compiler. Which means you no need to build your change and wait for a long time. Just do a change and do F5 on browser — More like PHP Experience
- Got integration like
- Few big changes
- DNX = Dotnet execution environment
- Kestrel : New open source linux server
- Good to read links: docs.asp.net
- Awesome session by Mr. Atin Bansal – Senior Program Manager
- Demo of IntelliTest : Using which you Visual studio can create all possible test cases automatically. And you can save them as .CS file – As of now it works with Public methods only
- Cool things with VSO – Visual Studio Online
- Load testing on VSO and VS 2015 : Covers all scenarios I know. But you need to have VS Enterprise license and ready to pay for VSO load testing
- Manual testing — Test cases addition and execution support
IOT From Scratch
- There will be 25 B connected Gadgets by 2020 [Source : Gartner]
- Grove PI +
- Full demo : Where PI sent data, Azure was receiving data, and using Power BI we can analyze that data!
Technical Debt with TFS and SonarQube
- Good session by Harysh Menon
- MS is working on integrating it with SonarQube
- So, you can see Technical Debt and can do quality releases!
As of now have to install it using Zip. But they are working on making installer
Neo4j – The graph DB
- Good session by BrijRaj Singh
- Nicely explained
- Graph DB Concept
- We had few demos
Overall the event was awesome! Microsoft took very good care of us. Everything was just perfect. Would like to give my gratitude to the whole team — And I thought doing it via blog post will be the best way to do it!
Waiting for the next one..!